`Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away`. Carlin, cited in Woolton (2006)
- Our centre is unique, in that the families and the place are uniquely different.
- It is essential to promote a sense of pride in who we are as individuals, our cultures/backgrounds and what we want to achieve.
- Children have the right to childhood. We rigorously support their development and progress in learning within the ethos of a broad and balanced, play based curriculum.
- Outdoor experiences are as important as indoor experiences. We need to look after the earth to survive.
- We are all on a long and exciting journey, learning together; children, staff and parents. This is with a sense of hope which fulfils dreams and wishes.
- All people have democratic rights which mean listening to children, families, staff and community to shape our centre to be the best it can be, to provide a springboard for the future.
- Creative thinking is a key to exciting learning experiences.
- Respect and trust should be threaded through our centre. Our strength is in our relationships with each other. Believing in oneself and others is essential to promote well being in ourselves and others.
- A culture that challenges, promotes everybody to reach their full potential.
- Research, reflection and professional dialogues are the cornerstone of our constant change.